Steven J. Weinberg is an accomplished trial lawyer specializing in Nursing Home & Elder Abuse, Wrongful Death, Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Medical Malpractice. A 1975 graduate of Pepperdine University School of Law, and previously University of California Los Angeles, Mr. Weinberg has focused his legal career on cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse. He serves as the managing attorney of the McCune Law Group Coachella Valley office, and will lead in the practice areas of medical malpractice and nursing home abuse cases.
During his time as a practicing lawyer, Mr. Weinberg has tried over 100 cases. He worked in three law offices after graduating from law school, and eventually founded his own practice in 1988. He worked in his own office until joining the McCune Law Group team in 2019.
Mr. Weinberg has achieved multiple professional recognitions throughout his years as a lawyer, including maintaining an AV rating since 1979, multiple listings by the Super Lawyers organization, and recognition by the Consumer Attorneys of California for his excellence in professional liability, product liability, and general negligence litigation. In 2021, Mr. Weinberg was named by TopVerdict as the successful litigator on one of 2020’s Top 20 Wrongful Death Settlements in California and one of 2020’s Top 50 Medical Malpractice Settlements in the United States. He later went on to claim a spot on TopVerdict’s Top Ten Settlements in California of 2021 and the largest Medical Malpratice settlement overall of 2021. He has also been named by Best Lawyers© as one of the country’s Best Personal Injury Litigation Plaintiff lawyers of 2022.
In addition to his work as an attorney, Mr. Weinberg has been involved in several professional organizations. Of approximately 7,300 attorneys and judges in the such as the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), he is one of the select few to attain the highest rank of Diplomate.
Mr. Weinberg is also a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He currently serves as Governor Emeritus of the Consumer Attorneys of California, a position he has held since 2004. Mr. Weinberg has also offered his legal knowledge to various educational institutions as an adjunct professor, teaching classes at Desert College of Law, California Desert Trial Academy College of Law, and his alma mater, Pepperdine University.
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 1975
- University of California Los Angeles
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 1979 - Present
- Super Lawyers, 2012, 2014 - 2020
- TopVerdict’s Top 20 Wrongful Death Settlements in California, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Best Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2022
- TopVerdict's Top 50 Medical Malpractice Settlements in the United States, 2020
- TopVerdict's Top 10 Settlements in California, 2021
- California State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- California Continuing Education of the Bar
- Consumer Attorneys of California, 2004-Present
- Board of Governors, 1981- 2004
- Financial Secretary, 1990
- Secretary, 1985-1988
- Desert Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Western Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1992
- Board of Governors, 1985-1992
- Parliamentarian, 1988
- Secretary, 1990