In order to have fair representation in court it's important to have gender equality. Whether you are a man or a woman, if you bring a case to court you...
Since 2007, Michele M. Vercoski, partner of McCune Wright Arevalo, LLP, has obtained excellent financial recoveries to clients in personal injury, product liability, class action fraud, commercial litigation, and workplace harassment and discrimination. She is heavily involved in cases involving harm to women, whether it is personal or financial harm. Ms. Vercoski’s passion is helping women receive equal compensation at the workplace, be able to go to schools and work free from sexual harassment, and help women receive fair compensation when they have been harmed. Whether that is a wife and mother that has lost a spouse due to negligence of others, a female employee subjected to sexual harassment, a female nurse that is subjected to a workplace environment that causes serious injuries, or a Fortune 500 fraud, Ms. Vercoski is a tireless advocate that has gotten justice and great results for her clients.
Ms. Vercoski has successfully argued before the 9th Circuit on an arbitration issue in a worker’s contract. Michele joined the small group of elite attorneys when she argued the arbitration issue on writ of certiorari before the United States Supreme Court on October 29, 2018. The Chief Justice authored the 5-4 split decision. Ms. Vercoski also has a passion for continuing education and has been featured by Continued Education of the Bar (CEB), a nonprofit program out of the University of California, as a contributing author in their newest tool for attorneys, Practitioner – due for publication in November 2020. Michele authored sections on business litigation topics such as breaches of fiduciary duty, contingency fee agreements, unfair competition causes, breaches of written contract, and affirmative defenses for partnership disputes.
Ms. Vercoski received her Bachelor of Science degree from Rutgers College of Nursing in 2001, where she was a Dean’s List honoree. She then attended Tulane University Law School, earning her J.D. degree in 2004 and graduating Order of the Coif and magna cum laude. While at Tulane, Ms. Vercoski was the recipient of four CALI Excellence Awards for receiving the highest grades in four different law school classes: Property I; Secured Transactions; Health Care Practice; and Administrative Law. Prior to beginning her plaintiff’s practice, Ms. Vercoski clerked for Judge, Steven L. Lefelt, New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
Ms. Vercoski’s involvement in the community includes serving on the Board of Directors at Montessori Redlands for six years. She has also run more than 30 marathons in the last 5 years, including running and placing high in her class at multiple Boston, New York, and Chicago marathons.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2004
- B.S., Rutgers College of Nursing, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 2001
- American Business Trial Lawyers
- California State Bar, Member, September 2006
- California Young Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys of California Leadership Academy, 2017 Graduate
- Continuing Education of the Bar, Contributing Author in Business Litigation, November 2020
- District Court of California, Central District, Admitted September 2006
- District Court of District of Columbia
- District Court of Michigan, Eastern District, Admitted November 2018
- District Court of Middle District of Florida
- District Court of New Jersey, Member, Admitted December 2008
- District Court of the Eastern District of Texas
- District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
- District Court of the Southern District of Illinois
- District Court of the Southern District of New York
- Orange County Bar Association
- Public Justice Class Action Preservation Committee
- State Bar of California, Member, Admitted September 2006
- State Bar of New Jersey, Member, Admitted December 2004
- State Bar of New York, Member, Admitted May 2005
- Supreme Court of the United States, Member, Admitted April 2018
- United States District Court of the Western District of Pennsylvania
- ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting – September 13, 2018
- Panelist Speaker on Labor Pains: Antitrust Challenges to No-Poaching and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Antitrust Committee
- American Bar Association’s Class Actions National (Virtual) Institute – October 15, 2020
- Panelist Speaker on Serving a Successful Class-Action Mediation
- Association of Business Trial Lawyer’s Lunchtime MCLE Program – October 29, 2020
- Speaker on Virtual Presentations at the Appellate Court