Practice Areas:Writs, Motions, & Appeals, Class Actions, Commercial Litigation, Product Liability, Financial Services
Andrew Van Ligten specializes in Writs, Motions and Appeals; Commercial Litigation; Class Actions; Product Liability; and Financial Services. Prior to joining MLG in August of 2022, Mr. Van Ligten worked as a summer associate for the firm in the summer of 2021.
Mr. Van Ligten received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of California, Irvine, School of Law. At UCI Law, Mr. Van Ligten was an Associate Editor on both the UC Irvine Law Review and the UCI Journal of International, Transnational, and Comparative Law and competed in both moot court and the Jessup International Moot Court Competition. Mr. Van Ligten was also actively engaged in various pro bono projects around Orange County and with the International Refugee Assistance Project, graduating with Pro Bono Honors.
During law school, Mr. Van Ligten worked as a research assistant to Professor Paul Hoffman focusing on civil and human rights litigation, including an argument before the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Van Ligten also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Karen E. Scott of the United States District Court, Central District of California.
Prior to law school Mr. Van Ligten earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in International Politics from Pennsylvania State University.
*Attorney status pending bar passage
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, 2017.
- J.D., cum laude, University of California Irvine School of Law, Irvine, California, 2022
- Faculty Award (Highest Performance in the Class): Civil Rights Litigation Clinic; Property; International Trade Law
- Dean’s Award (Second Highest Performance in the Class): Community and Economic Development Clinic
- Pro Bono Honors
- Pro Bono Student Leadership Award: International Refugee Assistance Project, 2021