Since joining McCune Wright Arevalo, LLP, Simi Peterson has played a key role in the Consumer Fraud Class Action division.
Prior to law school, Simi worked as an Executive Asset Manager for a national real estate company. She was principally engaged in the acquisition, development, and management of U.S. commercial & residential real estate. Previously, she worked as an Asset Manager for various non-profit organizations.
During Law School, Simi clerked for Honorable John Leventhal, New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division 2nd Department (Brooklyn/ Queens /Long Island). She authored various memoranda regarding New York State eminent domain disputes; construction, employment and zoning law issues; and the then-potential retroactive application of Padilla v. Kentucky, 559 U.S. 356 (2010) (ruling requiring non-citizen clients be advised of deportation risk as consequence of guilty plea).
While at Brooklyn Law School, Simi was a key member of the Veterans Rights’ Committee, Labor and Employment Law Association, and well as Brooklyn Law School’s Public Interest Group. During school and thereafter, she worked at the New York City Social Services Department, Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office (Labor Division) and the Orange County Public Defender’s Office.
In her free time, Simi loves spending quality time with her family and their yellow Labrador, Reno. She also enjoys yoga, competitive triathlons, running, and skiing.
- California Bar Association
- Brooklyn Law School SoCal Alumni Association
- American Mock Trial Association Panel Judge
- WLALA – Women’s Law Association of Los Angeles
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2012
- B.A., Santa Fe University of Art and Design, 2005
- Cornell University, Computer Science Engineering
- Yolo County Foster Adopt: Program Volunteer; Los Angeles County D.C.F.S. Foster/Adopt: Program Volunteer