Joseph B. Kenney
Joseph B. Kenney is an Associate in the East Coast Office. Joe has experience representing consumers in class actions involving defective products, automotive defects, false and misleading advertising, and other consumer protection litigation.
Joe received his J.D., cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 2013. He was elected as a Managing Editor of Student Works for the Jeffrey S. Moorad Journal of Sports Law for his third year of law school. As a staff writer, his comment was selected for publication in the Spring 2012 Volume of the Journal. Prior to law school, Joe attended Ursinus College where he was a member of the men’s varsity soccer team.
Joe is admitted to practice before the Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey and the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey.
Joseph’s Featured Successes
MyFord Touch Consumer Litigation, No. 3:13-cv-3072 (N.D. Cal.) (consumer protection class action brought on behalf of hundreds of thousands of owners and lessees of Ford and Lincoln vehicles with infotainment systems alleged to be defective)
Elk Cross Timbers Decking Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2577 (D.N.J.) (appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee on behalf of deck owners who installed decking alleged to be defective)
Lax v. Toyota Motor Corporation, No. 3:14-cv-01490 (N.D. Cal.) (consumer protection class action on behalf of hundreds of thousands of purchasers and lessees of certain Toyota vehicles with alleged oil consumption defect)
Yaeger v. Subaru of America, Inc., No. 1:14-cv-4490 (D.N.J.) (consumer protection class action on behalf of hundreds of thousands of purchasers and lessees of certain Subaru vehicles with alleged oil consumption defect)
Rangel v. Cardell Cabinetry, LLC, (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) class action brought on behalf of former employees)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Memberships and Associations
- Member, Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Barrister, O’Connor Inn of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Defective Products and Consumer Protection
- Other Complex Commercial Litigation
- Securities Fraud
- Villanova University School of Law, 2013, J.D., cum laude
- Jeffrey S. Moorad Sports Law Journal – Managing Editor of Student Works (2012-2013), Staff Writer (2011-2012)
- Ursinus College, B.A., 2010
- Showing On-Field Racism the Red Card: How the Use of Tort Law and Vicarious Liability Can Save the MLS from Joining the English Premier League on Racism Row, 20 Jeffrey S. Moorad Sports L.J. 247 (2013)